Five interesting facts about the Welsh language:
- Welsh is one of the oldest languages in Europe, with Welsh poetry dating back to as early as 400 to 700 AD having been discovered.
- Wales is home to the longest place name in Europe and the second-longest place name in the world, the infamous Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.
- There are around 900,000 speakers of the Welsh language worldwide.
- Welsh became a minority language in the UK in 1911.
- It is considered to be a very difficult language to learn and has limited learning resources in comparison to other languages.
Experts in Welsh translation services
If you would like to work with a professional translation agency for the translation of your documents from Welsh to English or English to Welsh, please do get in touch with the award-winning team at Surrey Translation Bureau.