Five interesting facts about the Romanian language:
- The Romanian language is 1,700 years old and dates back to the second century when the Romans conquered the territory of Dacia, which would then become Romania.
- It’s the only Romance language that survived in Eastern Europe, which was subsequently settled by Slavic and Uralic people.
- If you know some Italian, Spanish or French, you may be able to understand some Romanian.
- It is a phonetic language, which means that words are spelled exactly how they are pronounced.
- There are four primary dialects, Aromanian, Megleno-Romanian, Daco-Romanian and Istro-Romanian.
Experts in Romanian translation services
If you would like to work with a professional translation agency for the translation of your documents from Romanian to English or English to Romanian, please get in touch with the award-winning team at Surrey Translation Bureau.