Five interesting facts about the Turkish language:
1. The language was first spoken in Mongolia before being heavily influenced by Arabic and Persian. It was then reformed in the 20th Century.
2. Some English words originate from Turkish, including kayak, kebab, kiosk, and yoghurt.
3. After the fall of the Ottoman Empire in 1932, the president and founder of the Turkish Republic completely revamped the Turkish alphabet, transforming it from an Arabic to westernized Latin script.
4. Turkish is linguistically similar to Japanese, Korean and Hungarian.
5. More people speak Turkish than Italian and Greek combined.
Experts in Turkish translation services.
If you would like to work with a professional translation agency for the translation of your documents from Turkish to English or English to Turkish, please do get in touch with the award-winning team at Surrey Translation Bureau.