Five interesting facts about the Russian language:
1. Russian is the 6th most natively spoken language in the world, it is the official language of Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
2. With English, Russian is also the language of space and astronauts have to learn Russian as part of their training and computer system of the ISS uses both English and Russian.
3. Some English words are of Russian origin such as mammoth, vodka and sputnik.
4. Russian shares similarities with Belorussian and Ukrainian, Russian was standardised during the 18th century and then simplified after the Russian Revolution of 1917.
5. Unlike most other languages, in Russian, light blue and dark blue are classified as two different colours rather than shades of the same one.
If you would like to work with a professional translation agency for the translation of your documents from Russian to English or English to Russian, please do get in touch with the award-winning team at Surrey Translation Bureau.