Five interesting facts about the Bosnian language:
1. The Bosnian language originates from a version of the Cyrillic alphabet called Bosnian Cyrillic, which dates back to the 10th century.
2. Approximately 2.5 million people speak Bosnian, the majority of whom live in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
3. Bosnian, along with Croatian and Serbian, is considered the official language of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
4. Bosnian, Serbian and Croatian are mutually intelligible and only distinguishable by colloquialisms and localised dialects.
5. Bosnian uses both the Latin and Cyrillic alphabet for its writing system.
Experts in Bosnian translation services
If you would like to work with a professional translation agency for the translation of your documents from Bosnian to English or English to Bosnian, please get in touch with the award-winning team at Surrey Translation Bureau.