Five interesting facts about the Hindi language:
1. English has borrowed a great number of words from Hindi such as avatar, bungalow, jungle, nirvana, khaki and pyjamas.
2. Each letter of the Hindi alphabet has its own independent and distinct sound and as a result they are pronounced exactly as they are written making it an easy language to learn.
3. Hindi is often referred to as the ‘Language of Unity’ because of its wide use by the freedom fighters of India during the British Raj.
4. There are no articles in Hindi language such as ‘a’, ‘an’ and ‘the’.
5. Every noun in Hindi has its own gender, either masculine or feminine.
Experts in Hindi translation services
If you would like to work with a professional translation agency for the translation of your documents from Hindi to English or English to Hindi, please do get in touch with the award-winning team at Surrey Translation Bureau.