Five interesting facts about the Macedonian language:
- The Macedonian language, or Makedonski Jazik, is most closely related to Bulgarian and is written in the Cyrillic alphabet.
- The first texts found in Macedonian are tenth-century religious codices, written in Glagolitic script.
- The name ‘Macedonia’ is the oldest surviving name of any European country.
- Up until the middle of the 20th century, Macedonian was mainly a spoken language, so nationals weren’t able to write it down as there was no standardized form.
- The first official Macedonian grammar was published by Krume Kepeski in 1946.
Experts in Macedonian translation services
If you would like to work with a professional translation agency for the translation of your documents from Macedonian to English or English to Macedonian, please get in touch with the award-winning team at Surrey Translation Bureau.