Five interesting facts about the Punjabi language:
- Punjabi is one of the few languages to have a lexical tone, whereby slight differences in tone affect the meaning of words.
- Unlike many other languages, Punjabi has two different scripts – Gurmukhi and Shahmukhi.
- The Punjabi language developed in the region in the 12th century.
- Punjabi is the 10th most spoken language in the world.
- Punjabi relies heavily on Persian and Arabic words, with many words from these languages having been incorporated into Punjabi.
Experts in Punjabi translation services
If you would like to work with a professional translation agency for the translation of your documents from Punjabi to English or English to Punjabi, please get in touch with the award-winning team at Surrey Translation Bureau.