Five interesting facts about the Ukrainian language:
- Ukrainian is one of the most widely spoken Slavic languages, and is second only to Russian
- ‘Азбука’ was the first Ukrainian ABC book. It was printed in 1574 in Lviv by Ivan Fedorov.
- The earliest recorded use of Ukrainian dates back to 988 when it was used to spread Christianity to the Slavic people.
- Ukrainian was banned 134 times in various ways between 1627 and 1991, when it became the official language of the newly independent Ukraine.
- The verb ‘to beat’ has the largest number of synonyms in the Ukrainian language with 45 different examples.
Experts in Ukrainian translation services
If you would like to work with a professional translation agency for the translation of your documents from Ukrainian to English or English to Ukrainian, please get in touch with the award-winning team at Surrey Translation Bureau.